Digital Marketing – New Media, New Marketing
- May 2, 2016
- Posted by: iNurture
- Category: Blogs
The rapid boom of digital media has created novel opportunities and avenues for advertising and marketing and has led to the exponential growth of digital marketing. digital marketing is an interactive technique to market products or services using digital technologies to reach a specific target audience. Internet is the most important channel that digital marketing relies on. digital marketing activities that rely on the Internet includes search engine optimization [SEO], search engine marketing [SEM], content marketing, social media marketing, campaign marketing, e-commerce marketing, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, game advertising etc. Non-Internet channels include mobile phones [SMS and MMS], call back, and radio channels.
Digital Media is on a rapid growth and people have access to information any time, any place. It has become an ever growing source of entertainment, news, shopping and social interaction and people are now exposed to not just what a company says about the brand, but what the media, their friends, relatives and peers are saying, as well. People always follow companies that provide them trustworthy brands and attractive offers altered to their needs and preferences and they rely upon Digital Media than what anyone else has to say!
Digital marketing is not just about having an Internet connection or knowing how to use it. It is a set of strategies that tells you how to make use of the medium effectively so as to bring people together and convert them to customers. Millions of people are using the Internet to search for “what’s in trend”. Likewise, digital marketing skills are also in serious demand. If you are thinking of a career in this field, do not think twice. With the advancing technology and increased demand, there is no doubt that you need digital marketing as a stepping stone to a brighter future.
For a successful career in digital marketing, you will need sufficient knowledge and adequate experience in the following domains:
- E-mail Marketing – How to effectively build your user lists, deliver e-mails & generate relevant clicks.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – How to build brand, generate leads & aggregate audience on Social Media.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – How to effectively run ads on Search Engines
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – How to get the website listed among top search engine results.
- Inbound Marketing – How to attract & convert customers by earning their trust through various techniques such as content marketing.
- Web Analytics – How to make business decisions from the metrics available in Digital Media.
Other relevant domains include:
- Article Marketing & PR Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing & Paid Marketing
- Display and Banner Advertising
- Google Analytics & Monitoring Tools
- Pay Per Click Marketing [Google Ad Words]
- Website Development
- Mobile Networking & Marketing
- Video Advertising
- Online Brand Management techniques
When you attend a course on digital marketing, you will be taught how to engage your customer’s online, identify and streamline internet media as an effective, affordable and resourceful marketing channel, sensing the right potential of Internet marketing and level the best approach towards internet marketing. And with the above skills, you will be in demand for a digital marketing industry and will be able to apply all aspects of marketing knowledge to produce great marketing strategies. It’s your moment to choose what’s best for your future, commit to your passion and make it happen!