How You Can Be a Better Marketing Manager?
- July 13, 2016
- Posted by: iNurture
- Category: Blogs
Marketing management is an important job profile in any organization or business venture. The discipline of marketing management emphasizes the application of management theory into the day to day workings of an organization. It is the management of the different types of resources and activities within an organization which are strategically guided to meeting the objectives of the organization. With the global economy opening up more than ever, international Marketing management is an important portfolio in many organizations. Marketing managers have to manage customer demands and help organizations predict, analyze, and manage it better.
To be a good marketing manager, a person has to have the qualities of leadership, organization, delegation, evaluation, budgeting, etc. All of these qualities work together to ensure that a given product or service is successful with the target audience and that any campaigns or promotional activities connected to it is a success. Since marketing managers will have to closely interact with professionals from a range of disciplines, and not just from marketing, they have to have good interpersonal skills. A marketing manager not only has to work with people from the marketing team, but also work with teams from merchandising, finance, production, human resources, distribution and sales, manufacturing, public relations, web development, IT, communications, supply, logistics, etc. So it becomes important to be able to understand different disciplines and adapt quickly to the changing people and changing environments, always taking the best decision for the organization.
These are some of the important qualities that a successful marketing manager will have:
- Negotiating skills
- Quick decision making skills
- In-depth knowledge of products and services that they are in charge of
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Calm and composed even under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
With Forbes magazine naming the job of marketing manager as one of the best-paying jobs with exponential potential for an increase in earnings, this is the best field for someone who is a people’s person. However, there are also a number of things you can do to increase your chances of success as a marketing manager, whether you are new to this field or already have a few years of experience under your belt. Here are a few pointers for this:
- Knowing the inside-out of sales and marketing should be the number one priority for you when you enter the field of Marketing management. Studying courses related to sales or working in the sales field for some time can help to increase your knowledge and experience so that you know what you are talking about firsthand. Creating a good relationship with the sales team and customer service team also helps to create better-working relationships that will pay huge dividends when it comes time to making a product or service launch successful.
- Understand the concerns and requirements of your target audience in an in-depth manner. Make them see how your product or service is the answer to the challenges that they face. Make them see how they will benefit from the product or service that is offered.
- Take steps to analyze and predict the market and your target audience before you launch a product or service in the market. Doing market research and analysis beforehand is the key to success in any marketing campaign.
- Make sure that everyone on your team enjoys coming to work. Ensure that the ambience is stress-free and harmonious. People who are happy at work produce better results every single time. So ensure that you leverage the power and talent of the human capital in your department as that is the key to success.
- Inspire others to give their best, whoever it may be. You can do this by bringing forth your own passion for the field into whatever you say and do. Be an inspiring personality that others like to work for and work with.
- Ensure that you keep both customer’s needs and the corporate objectives in mind when you prepare a plan for a product or service launch. It is important to meet the expectations of both the management team as well as the customers as one without the other will make the entire system fall like a pack of cards.
- Do whatever it takes to deliver the project within the specified deadlines and within the specified budget. Do not be afraid to delegate and negotiate wherever necessary. Ultimately, it is only the result that matters!
Being the best marketing manager is not something you can learn from any courses, but rather it is about tapping into yourself and letting your full potential come through!
Pic courtesy: www.pixabay.com