Want to Know About IT Infrastructure Management? Here’s All That You Need!
- June 1, 2016
- Posted by: iNurture
- Category: Blogs
As we know businesses run on IT. Every business expects that IT be responsive enough to meet its requirements. IT should serve as a supporting system and must link business operations. Many IT organizations have realized that the IT infrastructure Management is the answer to align IT with business.
Willing to know more about it? Let us discuss what all you need.
What is IT infrastructure Management?
Information Technology Infrastructure Management refers to the management of the essential operation of policies and procedures, processes, equipment, data and statistics, human resources, and external contacts, for a complete efficacy. Infrastructure management is divided into systems management, network management, and storage management.
The set of purposes of infrastructure management is to reduce duplication, adhering to the standards, improve the flow of information effectively throughout the information system, offer flexibility for a changing environment and ensure interoperability among organizations and clients.
It provides a complete solution during complex upgrading, association, expanding or new implementations. This includes operating systems, servers, desktops, laptops, printers, routers, switches, and other IT components. This IT infrastructure Management customizes and standardizes the services, tools, and methodologies to handle demanding business environment without major investments.
General Challenges Encountered:
- Difficult to manage between budget and enterprise requirements
- Unable to deploy the services faster than the competitors for the given budget
- Can the business data be stored and secured
- Managing IT infrastructure with high operational efficiency
- Can the business be aligned with IT?
- Does it provide reliable and flexible services?
- Can IT infrastructure be optimized to meet several needs?
- Can the services comply with the standards and regulations?
- Are the prices reasonable?
What is the IT infrastructure Management service model?
Basically, it refers to the involvement of renting out servers in a remote data center, while the vendor is expected to provide power and physical cable connections only. On the other hand, the modern system has evolved to advanced stages to provide services, which include
- Enhanced customization and standardizations of services over assorted environments
- Adopting cloud computing concepts
- Pay only for the services you use, this enables the companies to keep a check on the IT services and costs
IT infrastructure Management is offered using one of the three approaches
The services offered include:
- Desktop and Device management services
- Network and server management services
- Datacenter operations services
These services help you efficiently:
- Monitor the device monitoring services
- Manage IT infrastructure Management services
- Optimization in analysis and reporting
IT service management with Shared Functionalities
Shared functionalities are the readily available business solution that provides end-to-end IT management services to its customers. These functionalities make the most of the cloud computing, thus enabling companies to go beyond cost-cutting measures and adopt a prototype shift in creating, handling, and maintain IT infrastructure.
Cloud computing provides advantages like lower IT infrastructure investment, which included initiation, upgradation and maintenance, enhanced performance, better compatibility – hardware and software, comprehensive storage capabilities, improved reliability, universal access, all these translates to bringing more profits to the business by using the shared platform.
What value IT infrastructure Management provide:
Completely scalable, flexible and cost-effective services to manage IT infrastructure for critical applications
Enables to meet a wide range of technical need by using end-to-end approach
How do you benefit?
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Capability to change the bearable cost savings to additional strategic projects
- Ability to decrease the cost of IT management services
- Helps you in avoiding unnecessary costs involved in managing own IT environments
Focus on the core business
- Unbound all your internal resources to help them focus more on value-added network
- Enhance the business opportunities by focusing on projects and releasing the strategic IT resources
- Improve the operational efficiencies and scalability of the business
- Enhance responsiveness and flexibility to your business needs
- Better customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Improved accessibility to IT infrastructure
Enhanced Service Levels
- Ability to upgrade and implement new technologies
- Let the complete IT infrastructure be responsible for all the operations
The challenges with respect to cost, complexity, and compliance to meet the business goals are really overwhelming in today’s IT world. Many organizations instead looking for enhanced, efficient and reliable IT infrastructure Management, they are concentrating on sloppy infrastructure. Shared IT infrastructure allows organizations to make over their IT infrastructure into a more business-aligned unit that provides the best value for money.
Image Courtesy: www.pixabay.com